Sweet Almond Oil Definition
Sweet almond oil is the result of squeezing the seeds of Prunus Dulcis, the almond tree. It is a product with nutritious solid qualities that successfully use in cosmetics and nutrition. To keep its properties unaltered, a cold-pressing generally carries out.
A mechanism that allows the extraction of the precious oil without compromising its numerous nutrients. There is no aesthetic imperfection that sweet almond oil cannot fix. Moisturizing, with strong nourishing qualities, sweet almond oil, like other vegetable oils, is ideal, especially for skincare.
A large amount of fatty acids and proteins makes it suitable for treating dry skin with a tendency to stretch, even in the case of sensitive or very reactive skin. It also indicates to counteract skin ageing.
Having a bottle of sweet almond oil at home will allow you to successfully manage many minor beauty problems in a completely natural way.
Properties of Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet almond oil is a compound rich in vitamins, particularly group B, proteins, mineral salts, fatty acids and phytosterols.
- Nutrients that make it ideal for combating skin ageing and at the same time promoting cell renewal.
- Precisely to keep its qualities intact, the oil is cold extracted from the oily seed in the plant’s fruit. Therefore neither chemical solvents nor high temperatures are used.
- A necessary clarification: when we talk about the plant, we refer to the variety that gives rise to sweet almonds.
- Due to their toxicity, linked to hydrogen cyanide, bitter almonds use in modest quantities as a flavouring for liqueurs and pharmaceutical chemistry.
Benefits and Uses of Sweet Almond Oil
Due to its richness, sweet almond oil has an extensive range of action, primarily cosmetic. Skin and hair are the ones that enjoy the most regular application of sweet almond oil, which can also use as a food supplement and condiment.
It also recommends a particular cleaning technique of the oral cavity. Let’s see in detail.
- If you have very dry or curly hair, you can use oil packs. Apply it to damp hair before shampooing. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then proceed with a gentle wash. If your skin is very oily, apply the oil only on the tips. Massaging the skin with sweet almond oil can counteract dandruff.
- Gently warm the oil in your hands and then apply it with your fingertips on the scalp, making an intense massage, almost to unstick the scalp. The blood circulation that activates following the massage will also help in case of capillary fragility or fall. In this, you can add rosemary and fenugreek essential oil.
2. As a Facial and Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
- This oil has a nourishing and soothing action on the face skin, much thinner than the body. And for this, it must treat in a specific way.
- Regularly applying the oil to the face counteracts the arrival of wrinkles.
- Be careful, though. Oil has a heavier heaviness than a serum and a cream, so it must apply at the end of your routine, preferably in the evening. Otherwise, it prevents the absorption of other substances.
- The ideal, therefore, is to clean your face as your habit and apply a few drops of almond oil after the night cream to create a barrier that prevents moisture from dispersing.
3. For Face Cleansing
- Sweet almond oil can also use to cleanse the skin on the face. You can apply it before the foamy cleanser in double cleansing, perhaps mixing it with a few drops of rose hydrolat.
- After spreading it, remove it gently with a wet cloth and then proceed to the second wash.
- For a treatment that combines cleansing and toning, we suggest you massage the skin of the face for a long time with sweet almond oil.
- This nourishes the tissues, and movement of the hands favours the elimination of blackheads and small accumulations of sebum.
- Arm yourself with patience and spread the almond oil for at least twenty minutes with circular movements and from the inside out.
- Insist in the area of the nose and jaw, making upward movements. After the time has elapsed, remove again with a warm cloth, without rubbing but gently.
- Then proceed with cleansing and applying the serum and cream.
4. For the Private Parts
- Sweet almond oil has a toning and nourishing effect even on the intimate parts.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties as well as being calming and regenerating.
- In this case, sweet almond oil should be applied only once a day, in the evening, with a compress.
- In addition, the oil has a targeted action against itching and dryness, and the compresses are also effective against burning and pain.
5. On the Body and Stretch Marks
- Sweet almond oil has an elasticizing effect on the tissues. For this reason, it recommends to use it in case of weight loss.
- The use of sweet almond oil counteracts the arrival of stretch marks linked to the loss of body fat.
- The most affected areas must be massaged for a long time and consistently: stomach, hips and buttocks to have noticeable results. The skin will be more compact, hydrated and smooth over time.
- If your skin is particularly dehydrated, we recommend applying a generous amount of sweet almond oil before showering or bathing.
- Insist on your arms, legs and stomach and absolutely where you need it most. Do not use soap on the parts you have treated with the oil, but gently massage under warm water with a small towel.
- This light scrub will eliminate dead cells, and your skin will be very soft.
- This almond oil is one of the few products that an expectant mother can use safely during pregnancy.
- Applied gently on the stomach and hips, it helps keep the skin elastic and counteract the arrival of stretch marks, those small skin lesions that occur when the skin subject to severe stress.
- The tearing of collagen fibres, which is the essential protein in our skin, is irreversible. This is why keeping the skin supple first is always the best solution.
7. On the Hands
- When hand cleansing and hygiene are vital, we often end up with dry, cracked skin. Use sweet almond oil on your hands daily to nourish and protect them.
- Insist on the cuticles to soften them and on the nails to strengthen them if they are brittle. For an even more substantial effect, apply almond oil to your hands and put on cotton gloves before bed.
8. Food Uses
- It can also use as a food supplement. It has an emollient and soothing action on the digestive system. According to the yogic tradition, anything that is oily helps us eliminate toxins.
- This is why taking two tablespoons a day of sweet almond oil helps us expel our metabolism’s toxic substances.
- It is no coincidence that sweet almond oil, together with coconut and sesame oil, is recommended for another well-known Ayurvedic technique: oil pulling.
- It is the daily cleaning of the oral cavity made through applications of oil as a mouthwash.
- Furthermore, in ancient Chinese Traditional Medicine, it is used to protect the intestine and airways. It is delicious used raw also to dress salads and various dishes.
This almond oil obtains by cold pressing, and it is free of gluten and chemical additives. It produces entirely in Italy, and in addition, it has a very convenient format.