Skin Tags Definition
Skin tags are small growths or blinders of skin usually found around the neck, eyes, armpits, breasts, or groin. These growths caused by friction, skin irritation, obesity, and even genetics, are harmless and affect four people.
However, many persons find them annoying, while others would like them to leave for cosmetic reasons.
Although you can visit your doctor to have skin tags burned, cut, or frozen, home methods are generally much gentler and more cost-effective.
What are the Causes of Skin Tags?
Marks on the skin are due to blood vessels’ accumulation and collagen in the skin’s thicker parts. It mainly causes due to rubbing of the skin, primarily in skin folds and wrinkles.
Marks on the skin caused mainly by people who suffer from:
- In pregnant women, due to hormonal changes;
- Human papilloma virus;
- Overuse of steroids;
- Scratches due to shaving, jewellery, and clothing.
What are the Symptoms of Skin Tags?
The symptoms of the skin tag are:
- Small skin growths, which are pink or brown;
- Irregularly shaped;
- It’s not painful;
- It mostly appears in the armpits, neck, and area under the breasts, groin, upper chest, and eyelids.
Best 9 Home Remedies to Remove Skin Tags
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- This incredibly versatile fermented vinegar is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, making it a great option to remove skin tags.
- First, wash and dry the area around the tag thoroughly. Dab some apple cider vinegar to a cotton ball and dab on the bump.
- You can secure or keep the cotton ball in place for up to 15 minutes. Replication this process three times a day until the skin mark darkens dries out, and eventually falls off.
- Avoid using apple cider vinegar to luxury skin tags near the eyes.
2. Vitamin E Oil
- A powerful antioxidant with important skin health properties, vitamin E, can be applied topically to skin tags.
- Use a high-quality, pure liquid vitamin E that precisely formulate for topical treatment (rather than breaking open a capsule for oral use), like this bottle of Jason’s Vitamin E Oil.
- Apply the runny to the skin tag and cover it with a bandage. Change the application and vitamin E oil every day after cleaning the affected area.
- Repeat this procedure daily for numerous weeks or months until the label wears off.
3. Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree, an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antibiotic oil, has been used medicinally for centuries to fix all kinds of ailments.
- It is instrumental in treating skin disorders and is known to remove skin tags in a matter of weeks with daily application.
- Soak a Q-tip in tea tree oil (like this bottle of Tea Tree Oil from Plant Therapy) and apply it gently to the skin tag three times a day, holding it in place for up to 10 minutes.
- It is especially essential for sensitive skin types, as they may find undiluted tea tree oil irritating. Most people, however, will not react.
- If tea tree oil is irritating, mix it with a soothing carrier oil like coconut before applying it topically. Please note that this may prolong the treatment time.
4. Oil of Oregano
- Oil of oregano is a fantastic antifungal that can offer relief from various skin conditions, including skin tags.
- Make a homemade oregano oil by letting the fresh oregano infuse with olive oil for several weeks before straining it. Alternatively, dilute essential oregano oil with a base oil such as jojoba or sweet almond.
- Apply oil directly to your skin tag three times a day. And allow to air dry before covering with a dressing or bandage.
- Repeat this process daily until the skin mark dries and falls off.
- Like this Life Plo Liquid Iodine, Liquid iodine can paint onto skin tags or warts once a day.
- Some say that the marks on the skin fall off within a few days of the initial request!
- Iodine is a natural part that breaks down skin cells and causes them to shed safely.
- Avoid applying the iodine to the nearby skin – you can do this by rubbing a coconut oil barrier over healthy skin before applying the iodine with a swab on the label.
- This stinky herb is a great natural medicine to keep in your storeroom. It has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory possessions.
- The juice free from a crushed garlic clove believes in removing both warts and skin tags naturally within a few weeks.
- Just crush a garlic clove and soak it with a cotton ball. Apply it nightly to the skin tag and shelter it with a bandage.
- You’ll want to shower it off in the morning to remove the pungent smell of garlic!
- Repeat the process the next night before captivating a two-night break to reduce the risk of skin irritation.
- If desired, you can alternate the garlic treatment and the more calming vitamin E oil treatment.
7. Dandelion Juice
- Although dandelions are viewed by many as a nuisance garden weed, they have many health benefits and uses.
- Dandelions can help remove skin tags due to their rich content of vitamins and minerals, which can aid break down and remove excess skin tissue.
- Harvest renewed dandelion by pulling the plant out of the ground and gently squeezing the root to extract its milky sap.
- Apply this juice three drops to the skin tag three times a day. The label should disappear completely with just four weeks of continuous application.
8. Coconut Oil
- There are many reasons to put this tropical oil on your skin.
- It contains lauric acid – a potent antimicrobial, which kills viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and fungi by dissolving their cell walls.
- Rub coconut oil into skin tags every night before bed, and the mark should be significantly reduced or gone within a few weeks.
Homoeopathy is one of the most natural ways to get rid of unwanted skin tags. The most reliable homoeopathic medicines are:
Thuja: This remedy helps treat skin tags, especially on the genitals and anus.
Causticum: This is particularly effective for removing skin tags on the hands, eyelids, and face. It is generally helpful in treating bleed marks on the skin.
Antrim Crudum: This mainly uses in treating hard tags skin, which occurs primarily on the feet’ hands and soles.
Other homoeopathic remedies include Cinnabaris, Staphysagria, and Dulcamara.
How to Remove Skin Tags Marks on the Skin?
- Cut back on excess sugar.
- Reduce the consumption of fats based on oils of animal origin.
- Have a balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables.
- Improve your digestion.