Vitamin C Serum Definition
Vitamin C serum is a cosmetic creation that, as the name indicates, syndicates the benefits of the serum with those of vitamin C.
And this, in the end, income that the efficiency of the treatment is much greater.
What are the Properties of Vitamin C Serum?
- Well, vitamin C serum can be your perfect partner. Besides providing hydration and nutrition, this cosmetic product deals with free radicals such as sun exposure, stress, or time passage.
- Itself generates on our skin and causes effects such as the appearance of spots or lack of luminosity.
- For this reason, the vitamin C serum is usually applied to the face, neck, décolleté, or hands, as these are more exposed areas that can suffer the most from the harmful effects of being exposed to the sun.
- Also, the serum with vitamin C serves to delay ageing signs as they help recover the skin and reduce wrinkles. Do you still have doubts about whether you should use it in your day today? Well, we list its benefits.
Benefits of Using Vitamin C Serum
1. Antioxidant Properties
- As we have already mentioned, it is an effective anti-ageing remedy. And that’s mainly due to its antioxidant power.
- The oxidation process causes adverse effects on the skin by damaging the cells.
- Skincare is increasingly essential, also for men—ageing, sun, cold, stress, acne.
- Many factors cause the skin to accumulate free radicals that it is not able to neutralize.
- With its antioxidant character, the vitamin C serum helps to attack these free radicals and regenerates and reinstates the skin, giving it a more youthful, beautiful, and healthy appearance.
2. Helps Stimulate Collagen Production
- And what does this give me? Nothing more and nothing less than a solution to reduce wrinkles and flaccidity that the years of exposure to the sun leave present in our body.
- Stimulating collagen’s natural production process provides firmness, vitality, and elasticity to the skin to reduce wrinkles.
3. Serves to Combat the Effects of the Sun
- Even if you are not from the beach, sun exposure is inevitable. And it is already known that the sun has adverse effects on the skin. With its power to regenerate the skin, it helps deal with sunspots and hyperpigmentation.
- Also, it entails a thickening of the skin’s dermis, which also makes it, in a small way, a natural sunscreen because it strengthens it and gives it more resistance.
4. Brings Incredible Luminosity to the Skin
- Applying it supposes a contribution of vitamins with which your skin can protect itself from harmful external agents. It is obvious: you will have much more luminous skin.
- Undoubtedly, this is another excellent benefit that you can obtain from serum with vitamin C. It causes a depigmenting effect that makes dark spots or marks on the skin reduced and disguised.
- We could say, like a natural bleach with which you will be able to unify the skin tone and thus offer a more beautiful and healthy image.
How is Vitamin C Serum Applied?
- It gets good results; it is essential to apply correctly.
- To begin with, we must cleanse our skin to make the action of the active principles easier.
- Next, we will proceed to apply the product. It is essential to regulate the amount of serum. Small amounts are sufficient.
- It is due to the higher concentration of active compounds it contains.
- Thus, we will apply tiny drops of serum distributed over the face and spread them with the fingertips.
- It recommends doing it with circular movements to promote its absorption. Do not forget to apply to the neck and décolleté area.
When Should We Use Vitamin C Serum?
- Once we are clear about the application method, we must know when to use the serum with vitamin C. Within your beauty routine. The serum should apply after cleansing the face and before any cream.
- For its active agents to act, they must contact the skin directly, without any substance that hinders its absorption.
- After the serum, we can apply the moisturizing cream and the sun protection cream, essential for complete care.
- Finally, it is essential to determine the frequency of the application of it. On the one hand, it should use daily.
- Also, it is advisable to use it two times a day in some cases, one in the morning and once at night. Consult your dermatologist to find out what works for you.
Risks of Vitamin C Serum
Although irritation is unlikely, you should always do a patch test before complete the application. It is the only way to determine how your skin will react to the serum.
Your skin is susceptible. Avoid products with L-ascorbic acid. Use products with magnesium ascorbyl phosphate may be less likely to irritate.
Vitamin C serum is a component that cannot be missing from your facial care routine. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that ensures the internal and external health of the skin.
Effectively combats the signs of ageing, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes. With this, it prevents photoaging. It adjusts to your skin type and goals. Try it and dare to notice its results.