Manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment for the nails and hands, usually done at home or in a beauty salon. The edges of nails are cut or filed, the hands are massaged, and nail polish is applied.
A manicure is a cosmetic procedure of having the skin on your hands softened and your nails cut and polished.
Some manicures may include painting designs on your nails or applying small stickers or faux jewelry. Other treatments include the application of artificial nails, which is known as a ” French manicure .”
Steps to a Perfect a Professional Manicure
- Firstly, wash your hands and dry with a towel. Use an antiseptic agent as Sterillium. Such types of products remove a wide range of bacteria, fungal growth, and viruses. Thus they eliminate any risk of infection.
- Shape nails with an emery board. Cut the length of the nail utilizing nail clippers.
- And also, use small wooden sticks to remove cuticles.
- Smoothen the natural nail surface. Next, use an emery board, a nail file, or a nail buffer to polish the entire surface of the nail. In this step, we prepare the nail’s surface so that the varnish will have a good grip.
- Get rid of side cuticles and any remaining skin. Use a nail file 240. To the side cuticles, you can use cuticle pliers.
- And also apply a preparatory solution with cellulose paper and let it dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the base gel to protect the natural nail against polish or glue for artificial nails.
- Work primary on four nails in one hand, leaving the thumb. Next, dry in a LED lamp for 60 seconds, and if the light is ultraviolet, leave it on for 120 seconds.
- Apply the desired gel varnish emphasizing the finish of the tip of the nail.
- Drying – Work four nails on one hand and dry in the LED lamp for 60 seconds. Suppose it is an ultraviolet lamp, dry for about 120-180 seconds depending on the porosity of the nail.
- Repeat and complete the application with both thumbs.
- Enamel – It is the process of applying a layer of nail varnish for coverage.
- Apply a thin layer of Gel Gloss – Gel Gloss adds shine and protects the varnish, increasing its duration.
- Remove residues. Once applied the Gel-Gloss in all nails and adequately dried, use a cleaning solution and a manicure cotton pad to remove the sticky residues from the ten nails.
- Apply a drop of edible oil in circular motions. This oil has vitamins that prevent the nail from drying, protects and softens the cuticles, and adds shine and flexibility to the nail.
Types of Manicure
The beauty of the hands is essential. Use hands constantly to express.
We express interest, admiration, closeness with our hands that we can beautify are the nails. It is essential always to have them ready, and for that, we have to know the types of manicures that exist and thus be able to decide on the one we like the most.
And also, regardless of the job we have, women always and at all times like to show off well-groomed hands and naturally well-groomed nails because beautiful nails are synonymous with beauty and health.
So it is essential to know some types of manicures that exist, which ones are feasible to do by ourselves at home, and which ones require us to attend a beauty center for their preparation.
The basic manicure is the foundation of all manicures that helps us start taking care of our nails.
The permanent manicure includes an exfoliation or peeling and, of course, permanent nail polish.
This manicure is the most demanded in beauty centers. It has an intermediate duration between traditional and permanent manicures, allowing you to change your nails’ color or the type of manicure to be performed more often.
The French gel manicure is one of the best known types of manicure, and it is undoubtedly one of the requested ones. This manicure brings an elegant and simple touch.
Reverse French Manicure
Although it has the same name, it is somewhat less known, you have to like it, and you should also have longer nails so that you do not have the feeling of “small nails”.
American manicure is an alternative to the French manicure. A more natural appearance is sought in the final finish.
Like this one, similar products are applied to those of the French manicure but looking for the chromatic contrast to be more subtle and smooth.
However, it is similar to a French manicure; it changes the strip at the end of the nail again.
The cuticle is treated with a lathe to remove and treat the cuticle.
To achieve it by eradicating the cuticle and glazing until it comes into contact with the skin, we will enamel trying to introduce the enamel as far as possible.
We will have to remove the excess enamel that is in connection with the skin.
Decorated manicures are a fantasy on the nails with colors, shapes, ornaments, animal prints, flowers, nail earrings, and hair. Here the only restriction is imagination and space.
Advantages of Manicure
- It helps nails stay in perfect condition. It also beautifies and enhances the hands in addition to completing the overall look of a person.
- A correct and professional manicure can be used to hide or conceal minor anomalies of the nail and even to correct specific malformations
- Manicure is an ideal aesthetic treatment to keep nails healthy and beautiful
- Manicures should be considered as a hygiene treatment
- It is advisable to do the manicure every month to avoid excessive cuticle growth and give proper nails.
Physical and Psychological Benefits of Manicure
Manicures make hands look great; they also offer several health benefits, both physical and emotional. New cell layers are constantly being formed, and also damaged layers are shedding.
1. Skin Protection
- Firstly, the hands are the part of our body that is most exposed to environmental factors such as dust and solar radiation; this results in the progressive accumulation of harmful agents.
- Secondly, new cell layers are constantly being formed, and damaged layers are shedding.
- A professional manicure treatment includes a thorough cleansing and the use of creams and lotions created to achieve safe exfoliation of the skin.
- This performs complete removal of accumulated dirt and harmful agents, including layers of dead cells hands, acquire a smooth, clean, and pleasant appearance.
- These treatments can also prevent the premature appearance of wrinkles.
- Fungi tend to increase on the skin and nails, especially when there is a humid environment. Usually, after the initial infection, it takes a few weeks and even months before the most obvious signs and symptoms appear.
- However, we can detect symptoms early and treat them to prevent progress and complication.
The treatments mentioned include moisturizers and unique treatments for the cuticle. Many of these treatments include professional massages.
This achieves immediate relaxation and considerably improves the circulatory flow in both hands.
By improving circulation, in many cases, they tend to remit typical symptoms of other diseases. In addition, it is an excellent way to prevent the appearance of problems associated with decreased blood flow.
Mental and Emotional Health
Manicure treatments offer an immediate sense of well-being and relaxation. Unfortunately, many of today’s health problems are related to stress caused by worry and an excessive workload.
And also, any treatment aimed at reducing stress and anxiety has positive effects on our self-esteem and can prevent the appearance of other problems such as chronic anxiety, panic attacks, and depression.
Disadvantages of Manicure
- Acrylic manicure has reactions
- Has allergic dermatitis due to acrylates in professionals and users.
- Finger damage with annoying cracks.
- And also, it causes swelling around the nail.
- Alteration of the nail color.
- Many beauty specialists and dermatologists have warned of the damage to the skin and nails. They also affect the health of the professionals who carry it out, especially by breathing the product.
- And also, use acetone in very high concentrations, metal files; all of this dramatically weakens the nails and the skin surrounding them, causing chipping, dryness, brittleness.
There is a need to develop infection control protocols for manicure and pedicure establishments since the potential for transmission of infectious diseases does exist.
Mix two tablespoons of cucumber juice, three of a moisturizer, and two more tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. And also, beat everything very well and apply this preparation every day. Let stand for about 15 minutes and then remove with water.