Hair Color Definition
Hair Color or Hair Dyeing is the practice of changing hair color. The main reason for this is to cover the grey or white hair, to change to a color.
Changing your hair, covering up white hair, or giving shine and intensity to natural hair color, are the main reasons to embark on the coloring adventure. Coloring your hair is not always easy. If the kits available in the market greatly facilitate our task, we must take some precautions. Furthermore, now-a-days there are home hair stylist who provide you home services to glamp up your hair.
10 Tips for Perfect Hair Color
- Firstly, the color will not be the same for everyone. Coloring your hair calls for a different result depending on your natural coloring and the condition of the hair fiber.
- Secondly, a cut improves the quality of hair coloring. It is best to cut your hair.
- Applying the product to healthy hair provides a better hold and a more aesthetic appearance.
- Length influences hair coloring. If you decide to do your homemade coloring independently, know that their length impacts the final result.
- Adapt coloring to your hair type. The texture of the hair also plays on the coloring. And also, you have to observe if your hair is fine or thick and then adjust the exposure time.
- Color your hair using the shade grid. Never estimate the rendering of your coloring simply with the image of your kit. The color is given as an indication and may vary.
- Take your skin tone into consideration. Not only taking the color of your hair into account is good, but also without forgetting your skin tone.
- Always choose a lighter shade. Go for a lighter shade; the coloring is often darker than the expected result.
- Do not wash your hair within three days of coloring. The sebum makes it possible to protect the hair fiber from coloring products that can attack it.
- Test on a wick to avoid the risk of disaster. You will be able to determine the exposure time to achieve the desired color.
Finally, after coloring, use unscented shampoo and suitable care products. Wide ranges of products for colored hair exist in the market. They are specially designed to retain the radiance of the color and protect the hair fiber.
How to Apply Hair Color?
- Use a comb and split your hair into four sections
- Apply the hair dye to your hair in sections.
- Set a timer to leave the dye.
- And also, wipe the excess dye off your neck and forehead with a paper towel or wet cloth.
- Wait until the processing time is up to rinse your hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair; stay at least an hour before shampooing your hair
Things to Remember When Getting Hair Color
- Before you give in to your urge and buy anything, here are a few things to know.
- Choose a color according to the photo on the box. And also, each hair is unique; if we use the same color on three people with the same shade, we will get three different results.
- Unknowingly choosing a potentially dangerous coloring will damage your hair.
- Some difficulties may arise during the application of the coloring. Do not start from the hair around the face as it takes on a darker shade.
- Another common mistake made with at-home coloring, especially when it comes to re-coloring, is applying the color all over the hair instead of sticking to it.
- Secondly, if you do this with each dye, you will end up with an opaque color, which is not natural.
- And also, disregard the texture of the hair as each hair is unique.
- If you take off your hair color too early, the color won’t take on perfectly, and if you leave it on your hair too long, it will get darker and darker.
- While darkening previously lightened hair, you will not get the result of natural hair.
Types of Hair Coloring
- Temporary Hair Colorings
They hold up to 6 or 8 shampoos and have the advantage of being without ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. However, they do not lighten hair or darken more than two tones and only cover grey hair 30%.
- Semi-permanent or Tone-on-tone Hair Colorings
They are ammonia-free but contain hydrogen peroxide; they cover 50% white hair.
- Permanent Hair Colorings
They contain hydrogen peroxide and can be with or without ammonia. Every month, it is also necessary to refresh the coloring because the roots reappear with the regrowth of the hair.
Different Hair Colors
Human hair is of five different colors: black, brown, blonde, white/grey, and rarely red. Among these important colors, various shades also exist.
- Sunflower Blonde
- Sparkling Amber
- Havana Brown
- French Roast
- Copper Shimmer
- Ruby Fusion
- Crushed Garnet
- Blowout Burgund
- Chocolate Cherry
- Midnight Ruby
- Leather Black
Dyeing your hair gives a brand-new look. One of the main attractions of do-it-yourself colors is their price, which is much lower than those in the salon. But if it fails, you end up spending a lot more money than if you had gone to a hairdresser right from the start.
Apply the hair color all over by making hair into four sections and leave it as per the instructions. Rinse it off with shampoo after the given time.
Finally, the color of hair results from pigmentation due to the addition of the keratin hair chemical substances of phenolic nature called melanin. In general, the more eumelanin is added, the darker the hair color; the more pheomelanin, the clearer.