Facial Moisturizer Definition
Facial moisturizer helps replenish the skin’s natural oils, while a moisturizer provides the skin with the water it needs. In other words, dry skin does not produce enough natural oils to maintain.
And also, its optimal moisture level needs us to provide them, while dehydrated skin loses water excessively and needs hydration.
Keep in mind that dry skin is a type of skin. Simultaneously, dehydration is usually a temporary condition that can be treated with relative ease and appears due to external factors.
When to Uses Facial Moisturizers?
Forever. Regardless of whether your skin is dehydrated or not, remember that a moisturizer should be a staple in your beauty routine, as following a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water is not enough to keep your skin hydrated at all times.
And also, it is essential to maintain hydration levels in normal skin and adopt measures to prevent dehydration with products such as Aquasource Gel, a daytime zero waste moisturizer ideal for every day and dehydrated skin.
The Best 40 Facial Moisturizers for Summer
There is a complete list of the best and most effective facial moisturizers you can currently buy in supermarkets.
1. Nezeni Cosmetics Nourishing Collagen Cream
- With a high concentration of hydrolyzed collagen (with a lower molecular weight so that it penetrates deeply), this cream manages to intensely hydrate the tissues in addition to smoothing and plumping the skin.
- This active ingredient combined the organic silicon, sunflower oil, and various antioxidants that contribute to the skin’s improving quality by nourishing it in depth.
- And since all its ingredients are natural, it has no irritants, and the preservatives are low, it is suitable for all skin types. And also, it costs € 24.90 for 50 ml.
2. Nivea Hydrating Day Care SPF 15
- This other moisturizer is also for normal skin and promises intensive hydration.
- Its price is 5.48 euros for 50 ml and 12.82 euros for 100 ml. His ranking score is also 63 out of 100.
3. Then I Met You Calming Tide Gel Cream
- We’ve been eagerly waiting for Then I Met You to drop its first moisturizer. And also, now that it’s here, we’re already obsessed with its firming, calming, and brightening formula.
- Even though it’s packed with peptides, it’s super lightweight.
4. Clinique Superdefense Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- Its offering sun defence, vitamins C and E for antioxidant protection, as well as energizing ingredients like caffeine, creatine, and carnitine (yep, the stuff you’ve seen in energy-boosting nutritional supplements).
- And also, the result diminishes dullness and lasting smoothness.
5. E.L.F. Holy Hydration! Face Cream Fragrance-Free
- If you like E.L.F.’s Holy Hydration! Face cream, but use this on the nose or skin prefers moisturizer without added scent.
- You will love the fragrance-free version. You will get all the plumping, brightening, and hydrating benefits of hyaluronic acid, peptides, and niacinamide — just without the fragrance frills.
6. Sunday Riley Ice Ceramide Moisturizing Cream
- Consider this Sunday Riley moisturizer cream for your skin. This Ceramide Moisturizing Cream is made with coconut to hydrate and vitamin F to nourish the driest skin types.
- You can try it in this month’s Allure Beauty Box.
7. Moon Juice Cosmic Cream Collagen Protecting Moisturizer
- Moon Juice takes some of the ingredients in its popular supplements — like stress-fighting ashwagandha and collagen-supporting. And also, give them a new opportunity to shine in this topical Cosmic Cream.
- With a hearty dose of hyaluronic acid, it helps hydrate and smooth skin while bolstering its elasticity.
8. The Inkey List Peptide Moisturizer
- It’s a 1 per cent peptide complex and a unique smoothing royal jelly protein.
- This shea butter-rich cream does the heavy lifting of moisturizers 10 times the price, deeply moisturizing and smoothing skin while absorbing quickly for a non-heavy feel.
9. Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream
- And also, glow Recipe is known for its fruit-focused skincare.
- It’s ideal for the skin could stand to settle down a bit, the deliciously banana-scented cream made with K-beauty’s favourite calming ingredient, circa, to soothe as hydrates.
10. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer Night
- Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer consistently tops best-of lists when it comes to drugstore skin-care for mature skin.
- Its powerful nighttime formula features retinol and hyaluronic acid to instantly plump skin and minimizes visible signs of ageing.
11. Vichy Aqualia Thermal U.V. Defense Moisturizer Sunscreen
- Vichy recently improved upon its already-excellent U.V. moisturizer, making it an absolute must for daily hydration and sun defence.
- And also, it provides non-comedogenic, lightweight moisture that skin drinks in, never feeling like a sticky or greasy layer.
12. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
- This Night Cream is an outstanding option. It also helps support the skin’s natural healing process alongside firming algae peptides and skin-strengthening botanicals.
13. BareMinerals Pureness Soothing Light Moisturizer
- It made with only about a dozen ingredients — two of which are coconut-derived.
- Assuming you’re looking for lots of hydration in a light, soothing lotion.
- And also, it feels fantastic, and your skin will feel excellent hours later, too, thanks to its long-lasting moisture.
14. SK-II R.N.A. Power Radical New Age Cream
- SK-II’s relies on a micro-nutrient blend derived from yeast fermentation.
- And also, it supplies vitamins and amino acids to mimic the skin’s natural moisturizing abilities.
15. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate
- Tatcha’s beloved face mist, sheet mask, and night cream is The Dewy Skin Cream.
- Its cream, inspired by makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic features Japanese purple rice (hence the lavender colour).
- And also, Okinawan algae blend and hyaluronic acid to plump skin with hydration.
16. Superscreen Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA+++
- Already a go-to brand for everything from brush-on mineral powder sunscreens to the most invisible formulas (that suit every skin tone, might we add).
- It has everything we look for in a day cream.
- And also, it protects from UVA and UVB rays, hydrates like a dream, and plays nice under makeup.
17. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Night Face Moisturizer
- These Moisturizing ingredients, including shea butter, glycerin, and antioxidants, all work together.
- And also, La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Night Face Moisturizer offers intense hydration and soothing benefits for even the most sensitive skin types.
18. La Mer The Concentrate
- It spikes with a high-intensity form of La Mer’s signature Miracle Broth, La Mer The Concentrate.
- And also, it has a proprietary fermented kelp-based formula with skin-renewing, anti-inflammatory benefits drawn from the sea.
19. Renée Rouleau Skin Recovery Lotion
- If you have sensitive and breakout-prone skin, it can sometimes be challenging to find the right moisturizer.
- And also, it calms any inflammation and dryness without leaving a zit in its wake.
- Enter Renée Rouleau’s Skin Recovery Lotion, which lives up to the name with its gentle formula that contains panthenol, bisabolol.
- And also, two patented, sugar-derived complexes to hydrate and strengthen skin from the inside out.
20. Malin + Goetz Advanced Renewal Moisturizer
- Malin + Goetz’s Advanced Renewal facial Moisturizer pack with meadowfoam seed oil and linseed extract (a natural source of omega-3 fatty acids).
- And also, it locks in moisture, plump skin and wards off the appearance of fine lines.
21. Paula’s Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer
- Paula’s Choice’s new addition to the Omega+ family features ceramides, botanical oils, antioxidant-rich guava, and passionfruit to nourish dry skin.
22. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
- With over 1,400 Amazon reviews, it’s no secret that Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Gel-Cream is a drugstore diamond.
- If you are dry skin, look for hyaluronic acid as your hero ingredient.
- And also, it acts like a sponge that secures 1,000 times its weight in water to hydrate the outer skin layer.
23. Skinbetter Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment
- The Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment offers intense hydration, brightens over time.
- And also, it helps rebalance the skin’s barrier, restoring the appearance of a healthy, renewed complexion.
24. Skinfix barrier + Lipid-Peptide Cream
- The super-rich Skinfix Lipid-Peptide Cream has it all: emollient shea butter, sodium hyaluronate, and a triple-packed blend of fatty oils.
- And also, it feeds even the most dehydrated skin, and protein-packed peptides help strengthen skin barriers against environmental damage.
25. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Face Cream
- This Night Cream works wonders while you clock in those z’s. Its potent blend of super lotus and peach leaf extract.
- That addresses ageing signs like loss of elasticity, fine lines, and dullness.
26. CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
- It is an even better pick if you have oily skin. And also, it is looking for a facial moisturizer that wears well under makeup.
27. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet
- With its chic pink tube, antioxidant-rich formula, and whipped texture, there’s not much. We love Caudalie’s fan-favourite Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet.
28. Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante
- Listen up, oily and acne-prone skin types: You still need to make sure you’re moisturizing, even if you think your skin already has a surplus of moisture.
- And also, it is the go-to for imbalanced skin that is prone to breakouts. It works wonderfully in oil production, reducing inflammation and redness while delivering the moisture your skin requires.
29. Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion
- Its lotion contains hyaluronic acid, a dream ingredient for anyone with dry skin.
30. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
- The Lala Retro Whipped Cream by Drunk Elephant is the ultimate fancy-but-not-too-fancy unscented facial moisturizer.
- And also, it is packed with nourishing ingredients, doesn’t feel the least bit heavy.
31. Clarins Multi-Active Jour
- Clarins Multi-Active Jour addresses fine lines and dullness, thanks to potent antioxidants.
- And also, its cream is the perfect answer to long nights, pollution, and stress.
32. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb
- As one former Allure staffer put it, Garnier’s under-$20 gel moisturizer felt “cool and transparent” and left her skin looking “fresh and dewy.”
33. Estée Lauder DayWear Matte Oil-Control Moisture Gel Creme
- It has facial moisturizing effects of rich cream and the primer’s mattifying products — in other words, it’s your skin’s new best friend.
34. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV
- A common complaint about sunscreens (and even moisturizers with added SPF) is that they can show up ashy on tan to deep skin tones.
- Not La Roche-Posay’s Toleriane Double Repair facial Moisturizer U.V. Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
- And also, the thermal water-infused face lotion won’t cause makeup to absorb a translucent finish quickly.
35. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Nourishing Night Cream
- Aveeno’s Ultra-Calming Nourishing Night Cream is an excellent option for sensitive skin types.
- And also, it’s a fragrance-free, colloidal oatmeal-packed formula and can find at most drugstores near you.
36. Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturizing Cream
- The all-natural Trilogy Very Gentle Facial Moisturizing Cream package in a recyclable jar in addition to not being tested on animals.
- Still, it’s the deeply hydrating, soothing ingredients that genuinely brought us onboard: evening primrose oil, marshmallow root extract, green tea leaf extract, and sweet almond oil.
37. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer
- Want to dip your toes (metaphorically, of course) into the world of retinol? Try RoC’s Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily facial Moisturizer, an affordable “gateway” formula that lightens sun spots, firms skin, and boosts your natural radiance.
38. Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream
- Olay’s Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream is a veteran Best of Beauty Award winner (it took home the accolade in 2015) but remains one of our all-time favourite facial moisturizers.
- This cream truly belongs in the skin-care hall of fame with a formula rich in amino peptides and exfoliating properties.
39. Sunday Riley C.E.O Vitamin C Cream
- Give your skin-care routine the I-run-a-company makeover with Sunday Riley C.E.O.
- And also, a citrusy facial moisturizer that’s packed with vitamin C and lime-pearl extract for the ultimate glow boost.
40. L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care
- Not only is L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care devastatingly chic (and 2017 Best of Beauty Award-winner).
- And also, its texture as “silky water” and praised its instantly cooling effects.
In addition, you can read more helpful resources at worldbeautytips