New trends in casual fashion include mineral and crystal-washed loungewear. What sets these washes apart is their ability to create authentic clothing. With crystal and mineral washes, everything is hand-tied, ensuring that no two pieces are identical. These processes create vintage, worn-in styles that serve as comeback trends like those of 1980s punk fashion.
The unique spin that mineral-washed clothing adds to casual fashion sweatsuits and other loungewear basics like hoodies and joggers makes it a highly sought-after fabric trend. Crystal-washed clothing products, which fashion brands predominantly use to create crystal-dyed loungewear, provide eco-friendly benefits. Specifically, these clothes are washed naturally with bio-ceramics (earth elements), both to influence the look of the garment and to serve as an alternative to detergent.
There are additional differences in the materials and processes used to create clothes, like the mineral wash hoodie. Likewise, the effects of acids and bleach on these styles are also unique. For more information on the differences between crystal and mineral washes, continue reading.
Table of Contents
Aesthetic Differences Between Washes
The aesthetic differences between the two washes include the following:
- Mineral-washed clothing will make the fabric appear damper and smoother. The clothing itself is completely dry, but the darker, solidified tones visually allude to dampness.
- The acid-washed, semi-bleached appearance of mineral-washed clothing, like the mineral wash hoodie, is also used to create acid-washed jeans and for tie-dying natural fibers.
- With crystal washed clothes, low immersion processes are used to give off a clear crystalline dye pattern that is sharper and more distinct than mineral-washed alternatives.
Clothing Shade Differences: mineral wash hoodie
Here are some factors that influence the finished look of clothing products that undergo mineral vs. crystal washes:
- mineral powders are used to create potent shades with added depth and variation. Variations like olive, coral, and citrus are possible with salt-free mineral dying methods that rely on soil, grains, hematite, and other materials throughout the dyeing process.
- When salt is added to mineral-washed clothing, the tones are more profound and create unique effects such as smoothed-over, lighter tones that contrast the darker tones of whatever solid colors are applied to the given clothing piece.
- Mineral washes are used to create an overdyed look or a vintage, weathered look on clothing products like the mineral wash hoodie.
- Natural dies appear stronger with crystal washes, even when acid-wash or tie-dye techniques are applied to enhance the fabric.
Sustainability Vs. Fast Fashion In Washes
Crystal washes offer sustainability benefits that mineral washes do not. The use of renewable dyes, along with water-efficient technologies for washing, allows for greater sustainability per load. So, companies creating popular products, like the mineral wash hoodie, may be less sustainable without crystal-washed processes and techniques.
Adding Something New To Your Casualwear
You can find items like the fleece mineral wash hoodie, mineral and salt sweatsuits, and more from both sustainability-focused brands and those of fast fashion. Ditch the essentials and add something new to your loungewear must-haves by choosing casual sets embellished by crystal or mineral washing processes.