Table of Contents
What are Technology Trends?
Technology trends mean staying ahead of the latest in the tech world, knowing about the latest, highest-paying jobs and certifications, and keeping an eye on the future.
Due to the mandatory isolations due to COVID-19 in different parts of the world, the need to feel accompanied is becoming more assertive, forcing companies to be present in all possible channels such as physical stores, eCommerce, mobile apps, call centres, and social networks.
It is creating new challenges and changes in interacting with clients to respond to that need. The technology industry is constantly developing in a chain reaction of rapid technological developments that we cannot escape from as they reshape everyday life.
Technology is evolving very fast. For some years, humans have revolved around it, and today, we present you with the topics that we will mainly talk about. So how will technology change your work and personal life in the next six months? Here are 10 technology trends to keep in mind for 2021.
The Top 10 Technology Trends for 2024
In these top trends, you will know technological and business trends you should consider for the coming year.
1. Digital Assistants with Voice, the New Company
- The feeling of wanting to accompany will see the time lapses that many people had to spend alone from their homes due to confinement and will bring digital assistants with them. They will appear everywhere.
- 2021 will seek new ways to combine and interact services and software equipment within modern approaches to organize banking services using voice exclusively.
- Companies will use them to increase customer satisfaction if manufacturers succeed in developing voice user interfaces with advanced emotion recognition and transfer capabilities.
- At the same time, the neural systems for the reproduction of speech and text will not allow us to determine whether who is speaking to us is a person or a program trained to imitate human emotions.
- Likewise, voice assistants will become more emotional.
- They will learn, for example, to identify disappointment in user responses by trying to establish empathy in the user’s interaction with the artificial intelligence system.
- In addition, voice technology will be able to make users happier by achieving better business results.
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Year of its Maturity in Business
- Artificial intelligence will apply to various information, including video, images, voice, network traffic activity, and sensor data. Its estimate that at least 25,000 million things will be connected by 2021.
- It expects that next year. AI technologies will grow exponentially and include in almost all technology products and services.
- Al has at least four times more applications than the internet, so that the AI economy could be worth $ 150 trillion.
- 2021 might be the year that AI finally comes of age with the increasingly high adoption of this process, focusing on improving the customer experience and modernizing business actions.
- Artificial intelligence power by the arrival of Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa.
3. Internet of Things (IoT), your Connected Home
- The internet of things is a time that we have constantly been hearing about for some time. It represents how everyday things connect to the Internet and act in synergy, achieving an integrated whole.
- A network interconnects physical objects using specialized hardware that allows connectivity to the Internet and schedules specific events based on remotely dictating tasks.
- The Internet of Things is an industry that moves billions, and from 2021, it will begin to reach its full potential.
- We are already witnessing how our homes are increasingly intelligent through applications connected, making different appliances, locks, or room lights turn on or off when giving orders to our assistants such as Siri or Alexa.
- Its estimate that more than 50 million smart home devices purchase in the United States alone.
4. Robotic Process Automation (RPA), as a Reality
- Automation is at the highest peaks of the latest trends in information technology.
- Software consulting and software manufacturing companies will be required to implement various optimization models within organizations more than ever.
- Due to the possible crises that generate due to the pandemic and the inoperability of many sectors.
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation) answers have been the countless unknown of business automation.
- Their approach proposes a different approach to automating processes because it does not intend to change them, only automate them. It does not claim to address all processes, just one.
- It is a Quick Win approach, as it is a tool with which valuable results will obtain quickly, and we are not talking only in a monetary sense.
5. Data Security or Cybersecurity
- For many companies, numbers are a critical business advantage.
- We have seen recent data leaks and thefts involving studies and possible advances for the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine in the healthcare sector.
- A threat to a company’s data can be crippling and cause potentially irreparable damage to the company’s brand and reputation.
- Cybersecurity now dominates the priorities of all organizations as they adapt to the post-World COVID 19.
- The identities and devices for remote workers are the new perimeter security should be reinforced.
- Reports propose that the global cybersecurity market is currently worth $ 173 billion in 2020 and will be worth $ 270 billion by 2026.
- Jobs in this industry are also growing three times faster than any other job in the world.
- But are businesses doing everything they can to defend and secure their data? One industry that is overgrowing at 30% per year in response to data breaches and breaches is the cybersecurity insurance market.
- The need for rules with financial institutions is apparent. The trend will spread to other types of institutions because none are immune to the threat of a data breach.
6. Migration to the Multi-Cloud
- Workers and customers are becoming more sensitive to being trapped in a single software solution that does not fit their future needs, and that may fail in the middle of some activity.
- Or are you successful in telling me that your computer has not collapsed in the middle of a critical delivery, and have you ever lost files? Well, a Gartner study indicates that “the multi-cloud strategy became the common strategy for 70% of companies since 2019.”
- According to Francois Ajenstat, Product Manager at Tableau Software, “There is a stampede of organizations moving their data to the cloud.
- And moving their core applications,” whether it be from “move and change” or a reorganization. “Customers are like never adopting the cloud at a much faster rate. “
- Assessing and implementing a multi-cloud environment can help determine who provides the best performance and support for each situation.
7. Analytics and Data Mining as the Focus in many Professions
- According to a recent PwC study, by 2021, 69% of employers will require analytics and data science skills from job candidates.
- As employer demand grows, the urgency of filling a funnel of highly skilled data analysts becomes a reality.
- This program houses in its Institute for Advanced Analytics (IAA), a data centre with a mission to “produce the best analytics professionals in the world.
- It individuals who master complex methods and tools for large-scale data modelling. And who they have a passion for solving challenging problems.”
- Starting in 2018, a more rigorous approach began to ensure that students possess technical analysis skills. And strategic management dream to join the modern workforce.
- And as companies continue to improve their data to extract maximum value. The demand for a highly data-savvy workforce will exist and continue to grow.
8. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (AR)
- Other technology trends that we must take into account in 2021 are virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Virtual reality immerses the separate in an environment, while increased fact enlarges the domain of the users.
- As augmented reality becomes mainstream, we expect more companies to use it in their marketing strategies to make stronger, longer-lasting connections.
- And as the world adjusts to the limitations of a post-coronavirus world. AR can play quite a role in our daily interactions.
- According to Retail Perceptions, approximately 40% of consumers would be willing to spend more on a product if it offered an AR experience.
- Thus, it becomes a competitive advantage to improve the conversion rate and business strategies.
9. Trade Online Within the Highest Preferences
- E-commerce will play an essential role in this evolution, as technology can alter the entire industry by personalizing and improving the shopping experience.
- Now consumers want more straightforward and faster shopping experiences.
- An example of the growth of this type of commerce can see in Instagram Shopping, a powerful marketing and sales tool.
- Every day some new offers and products drive sales through the same social network.
- According to Hubspot, its use is growing five times faster than other social networks.
- On the other hand, 60% of people indicate that they discovered a product for the first time on Instagram. And 33% of the most viewed stories on Instagram come from commercial accounts.
10. BlockChain, more than Blocks
- The blockchain chain, better known by the term in English Blockchain, is a single registry, consensual. And also distributed in several network nodes.
- In cryptocurrencies, we can think of it as the accounting book where each of the transactions record. Companies today obtain greater security and monetization of their business thanks to this data structure.
- By 2021 it is estimated that these blockchains may apply in other sectors such as intellectual property, food security, or asset management.
- Not only is the marketplace size forecast to grow to $ 2.3 billion in 2021. But blockchain technology standardization is also in place.
- Mainly, institutions hope to see a growth in Blockchain that focuses on preventing internet fraud and information leakage.
- However, there are also proposals that Blockchain technology could profoundly impact art, music. And also, creative space by examining works of art for fakes.
Being prepared regarding these technology trends for the future is not a bad idea. On the contrary, internal research must be an attitude to know how to deal with the coming changes before they arrive and take us by surprise.
In this article, we have consolidated ten technology trends for 2021 with the business world. We are sure it will significantly impact exponential increases in business regardless of their sector.
However, other sectorized technologies are growing at an accelerated rate and provide a specific benefit for each type of business.